[This effort of aggregation of all RTIs filed for the cause of men’s welfare under the series “The Causal Affair” is to share knowledge with others.
If you have filed any such RTI that can help others, kindly share that with us using the Contact Me section of this website and we will be glad to share that with others.
All RTI information can be found here]
In this RTI, which was part of a bigger RTI we present the questions asked by the applicant about his adultery case proceedings and the reply obtained.
Questions asked were –
Answers obtained were –
So it is seen that even if the husband collects all evidences of his wife’s adultery and presents them to police, police does not arrest wife’s paramour while the husband is arrested in such cases under false 498a.
Tips for husbands suffering from wife’s adultery –
- Even if the police does not arrest her paramour, do present the evidences to police and raise a formal written complaint to all relevant police stations.
- Please note showing wife’s adultery related evidences to anyone else other than legal, and judicial authorities is crime and the husband may be arrested for the same.
- Please do not file divorce on the ground of adultery even if you have solid proof (like DNA test report, that she has an illegitimate child in marriage).
- You may file criminal complaints against your wife, her family members or her paramour
- Call national helpline for men 08882 498 498 for more information. (Do not share your evidences with anyone).
Important – In your adultery complaint (under IPC 497), please keep in mind that her paramour is guilty and not your wife. So draft the application in such a manner so that it shows her paramour as guilty. Even if you know she is guilty and try to show that in your affidavit, your case becomes weak and you lose even at the filing stage. Hire a good criminal advocate to file such cases and do not hire civil advocates for the same as the drafting in such cases makes huge difference at a later stage.
Find the complete RTI Here –
If this is useful for you, please share this information with others.