If you have noticed, recently murder in a matrimonial relation has become very common in India. In yet another incident in Dwarka, Delhi; a techie was found dead and his wife seriously injured in their flat while the other occupant, the mother of the man was found unconscious in her room that was locked from outside.
Let’s look at the news published by different media for this –
Important point to note for us is how media makes someone guilty by their headline. If you look at the Hindustan Times headline, you will see that the techie is projected as the criminal even when police investigation is on.
The headline of TOI however is more balanced and just mentions what was found in the crime scene. Also note the difference in media report that says two different things about how police entered the flat.
It is very important to note for the readers that this is how our perception is created by media. They project someone guilty even without any basis.
Only if one reads the story carefully one will understand that a police officer associated with the probe said that allegedly Amit committed suicide. The word allegedly is written in the news body and may be overlooked by many readers as the title of the article sets the context that Amit was in fact the criminal.
Critics however find many discrepancies in the story told by Shivani –
- If Amit really wanted to kill her (as told by her), how could Shivani escape him. After Shivani successfully locked herself inside her bedroom, why Amit didn’t try to break the door open to kill her. He looked stronger and could do that if he wanted. He had anyways planned to kill himself after his alleged crime. This raises a question whether Amit was already dead before Shivani locked herself in their bedroom.
- Then come another question. How did Shivani get injured? Did she injure herself and played the drama or she got hurt in the process of killing Amit with the help of someone else? Amit’s mother also alleged the presence of a fourth person in the flat.
- The only reason alleged involvement of a fourth person and Shivani (as per Amit’s mother) becomes stronger is that at the end of the crime Amit was found dead and not Shivani.
- Some analysts may also find the possibility of the wife hatching a conspiracy here to occupy Amit’s flat. (Under DV Act Shivani will be given residence rights in Amit’s flat).
- Even though it was said that Amit tried to hang himself by a TV cable but he fell down after the cable gave way. He was found on the ground near their main entrance with blood oozing out of his mouth. Please note, that even though the cable gave way, the fan from which he allegedly hung himself was not damaged at all.
- Allegedly, Shivani never allowed him to touch her. Many find this as a sign of possible presence of a lover in Shivani’s life and he could be the reason behind Shivani’s denying sex to Amit. if this is true, then this strengthens the theory of a fourth person being present in the flat that fateful night.
After this incident when media took Shivani’s father’s version about Amit’s family’s allegations we found him to be relaxed as if nothing serious happened.
Why was he looking so relaxed in this interview when in reality he should have been tensed and shocked due to this incidence? Even if he does not have any feeling for Amit, shouldn’t he be worried about his daughter who was still at the hospital in a critical condition. His reactions raise many questions about the seriousness of Shivani’s injuries.
We still don’t know what happened that night. We hope that police investigation will reveal the truth. It is heartening to note that police have not filed any case as of yet. If we change the gender in a similar crime with the wife being dead and the husband alive, we would have seen a completely opposite reaction.
This incident teaches us many important things that every man in India should keep in mind –
- This marriage was through a matrimonial website. We don’t know how long did they know each other before getting married. Allegedly Shivani’s parents complained that Amit used to force himself on her whereas allegedly Amit’s family demanded that she never allowed Amit to come closer. This was the reason behind their matrimonial dispute.
Whatever be the issue, relationship experts find that most of such cases are due to possible reason of wife’s adultery. In my experience of handling matrimonial issues I found many cases where women get married in-spite of having another steady relation just for money and take undue advantage of our laws. To avoid such situations one needs to do a thorough background verification before getting married.
- When Shivani was allegedly denying intimacy, Amit could not discuss the situation with others. No man can discuss such situations with their male friends and it is best for them to discuss with their female friends. In Amit’s case, he did discuss with his sister but probably she could not give any solution.
Men suffering from such problems should immediately seek help from a well known Men’s Rights Group or any know Men’s Rights Activist. MRAs are well trained to handle such situations and they could give Amit right advice.
- Probably Amit realized that he was being duped and that was the reason behind their fights. In cases where the husband suspects his wife of infidelity, he should first understand if his wife is really having an illicit affair or not in the following manner –
Once identified, there is way out of such abusive relation –
- Last but not the least, not all such problems can be dealt with in similar way. One needs to consult an MRA to find out the apt solution for one’s case. Consultation with most of the MRA groups is free of cost and it only requires a phone call and hence is very easy for any man suffering from any marital issues.
Here’s a free national helpline that can save men suffering from similar situations –
08882 498 498
It is important that every Indian man takes some lessons from such incidents and take necessary precautions before getting married especially from matrimonial websites.
Due to legal terrorism today many married men are committing suicide. But how do one identify such a woman before getting into a relationship? Well, there is a solution for that problem as well.
Please note, no matter what is the truth, it is important for all of us to be vigilant about such crimes happening around us. Only making ourselves aware of such remedies is not enough, we need to educate others especially other men about this situation. You will find many such helpful articles in this blog.
Hope this blog and its articles help all my readers. Do share these articles with your friends and help them come out of crises in their lives.
ALL THE BEST